Free Coupons and Offers – Save up to 75%
Looking for discounts? Get free Hopscotch coupons and deals to save up to 75%. Click to activate the code and start saving now!!!
Hopscotch - Big Stores for Your Little Ones
Key factors behind the unprecedented growth in revenues include:
- increasing internet and mobile penetration
- growing acceptability of online payments
- favourable demographics (significant proportion of young population)
Hopscotch was launched in October 2012. It was founded by Rahul Anand and Lisa Kennedy, both from Harvard Business School Alumni. Headquartered in Mumbai with an office in New York, Starting as a bootstrapped business, the company has raised a seed fund from investors, details about whom are not public. Hopscotch entered into the baby products’ segment with a promise to introduce international baby product brands in India. The company received bridge financing of USD2 million from a group of investors that included LionRock Capital, Toivo Annus (co-founder of Skype), Wei Yan (co-founder and chief technology officer of diapers.com) and Nisa Godrej. In a second round of funding led by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and Velos Partners, Hopscotch raised USD11 million in 2015.
Hopscotch Key Facts
- The firm was established with an aim to provide high quality kids and maternity wear, something that was hard to find in India in 2012.
- It looked to address the Indian mom’s search for international brands by offering access to such products at competitive prices.
- Hopscotch initially started by tying up with 50 brands, but now has ties with about 500 brands.
- Included in its offers are over 100 international brands. Many of these brands, having stepped foot in India for the first time, consider Hopscotch as their launch partner in India.
- The company has direct relationships with the international brands it deals with, enabling it to get exclusive, in- season products and designs at competitive prices.
- The firm boasts of stocking all its product offers locally in their Mumbai warehouse. Purchases are planned to be delivered to customers in 2-5 business days. Hopscotch delivers international brands in three to four weeks
- It records 100,000 customers a month, and recorded sales of USD1 million in 2013.
- Its customers are located in tier-II and -III locations in India that account for 30-40 per cent of the portal's sales. Domestic sales constitute 90 per cent of its business in addition to customers from the US, Africa and China.
- The business strategy is to offer mothers and would-be mothers products that are unavailable in India, along with a wide variety of choices. The portal contains a limited selection of brands; however new brands are introduced every day for customers to make their shopping experience is exciting.
Everyday New Brand Offers
All customers who register with the company website receive mails on boutiques that offer about 20 brands, including global brands that are not available at stores in India. This offer, or boutique is available for three to seven days. Every day, the company offers a different brand at its website. Hopscotch has a boutique sale of hand-picked brands that runs for a period lasting three to seven days.
Hopscotch Coupons and Offers
Hopscotch coupons and offers are available at its website as well as partner websites. Hopscotch discounts coupons can be used to avail discounts on designer clothes, kids’ stuff etc. The company works of offering customer a different brand everyday on its portal. New customers are offered a discount on registration into the web portal with coupons that are related to first purchase. The company also offers discount sale on products or a particular brand. All orders above INR1500 are shipped free in India. Orders below INR1500 are charged INR100.
Hopscotch Key Products
The company offers products across a range of categories such as apparel, accessories, toys, skin-care for babies, boys, girls and women. It has also introduced Home and Kitchen range of products
Frequently Asked Questions
Cancelling an order
Only orders that haven't left the fulfilment center can be cancelled. To cancel an order, view the order details and tap cancel. If the order has already been shipped from our fulfilment center, then you can refuse to accept the delivery and send it back with the courier. The company will refund your order after it is received in our fulfilment center.
If you'd like to exchange something you purchased for something else, you can place a replacement request by contacting our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The company will try its best to help you find a replacement.
All returns requests must be received within 15 days of delivery. To return a product, please email us at email@example.com. Please provide your product details and the reason for your return, so the company can keep improving. Once your return request has been generated, we’ll send you a confirmation.
Most items are eligible for returns (and refunds), except for personal use items such as swimwear, innerwear and jewellery, as well as food items. The items should be unused, intact and in their original packaging (labels, tags, boxes, plastic wrap). Please note that items on ‘final sale’ cannot be returned.
Returns with Promo Code
If you used a promo code or discount at the time of purchase, you will not be credited for it. If you want to return an item you received as a gift, contact our customer care team, and you will receive Hopscotch credits for that amount.
Refunds will be initiated once the company receives your returned items at our fulfilment center. You can expect the refund to reach your Hopscotch account in 3-5 working days.
The company will automatically give you Hopscotch credits to make the process faster. However, if you wish to have the amount credited to your bank account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and details. Refunds to bank account may take upto 10 days depending on your bank.