Flipkart – A Name of Trust for Your Online Needs
Flipkart is a prominent player in the Indian e-commerce sector, which has witnessed tremendous growth in the last few years. Key factors behind the unprecedented growth in the industry include:
- increasing internet and mobile penetration
- growing acceptability of online payments
- favourable demographics (significant proportion of young population)
Flipkart Dominates the E-Commerce Space in India
This Indian company has been doing exceptionally well since its inception and enjoys the position of one of the most famous online stores in India. You name it, and you have it. Flipkart offers an incredible selection of products to its customers – ranging from items as small as a pencil box to the most recently launched laptops and smartphones. The products are many and come from global brands as well as local manufacturers. Flipkart owns a tag of being one of the busiest online e-commerce sites in the industry, especially when Flipkart discounts and offers are widely advertised. All the products of Flipkart come with excellent quality, prompt service and hassle-free return policy. When shopping on Flipkart, buyers are assured of an incredible shopping experience.
Flipkart was formed in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal (both alumni of IIT-Delhi). Registered in Singapore, the company is headquartered in Bangalore, India. Flipkart raised about US$ 190 million (over Rs 1,150 crore) until 2012 from Tiger Global and Accel Partners. In 2012, the company tightened its employee base, using more technology to cut costs and shutting down its music downloads category, which was not growing. The online retailer, which started operations as a direct seller of goods, changed to an asset-light marketplace model where multiple merchants, along with the company's own WS Retail, sell to customers on the site. In 2013, the company raised US$ 360 million (about Rs 2,200 crore) in two tranches, primarily from South African Internet major Naspers at a significant valuation of $1.6 billion (Rs 9,772 crore).
Flipkart offers books, movies, music, games, consoles, gaming accessories, Mobiles & Tablets, mobile accessories, cameras, camera accessories, computers, computer accessories, network components, software, peripherals, home and kitchen appliances, TV and video products, and personal and healthcare products.
Flipkart Key Facts
- Today Flipkart is a 33, 000 people-strong company with 75 million registered users.
- The company owns 14 state-of-the-art warehouses and technology that enables around 8 million shipments per month.
- Flipkart is India’s leading website for online shopping facilitating access to more than 30 million products across 70+ categories. One can find and buy anything and everything on Flipkart.com.
- Flipkart made certain important acquisitions and strategic alliances in its journey to success. In 2011, it acquired Mime360, a digital content platform company. It acquired Chakpak.com, a Bollywood news website, in the same year. Though Flipkart acquired Chakpak’s digital catalog’s rights, it specifically announced that it will not hamper the original site, its working and will not use its brand name. In 2012, Flipkart bought Letsbuy.com, an e-retailer for electronics in India. Another important acquisition was that of Myntra.com in 2014.
- Talking about the honors, Flipkart was awarded Young Turk of the Year at CNBC TV 18's 'India Business Leader Awards 2012'. Its co-founder, Sachin Bansal got Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2012-2013 from Economic Times, leading Indian Economic Daily. Not only that; Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal made it to Forbes India Rich List starting at the 86th position with a net worth of US$ 1.3 billion each, in September 2015.
- Flipkart is present on social media networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Google plus, Instagram and YouTube. The users can get information about deals, coupons and discounts through these websites as well. Flipkart intends to stay connected to its customers, suppliers and investors for any feedback and complaints through these social networking sites.
Flipkart Deals and Discounts
Online shopping spree should never end. And in order to achieve that, a customer should always remain pleased and satisfied. Deals and discounts are a way to ensure that. Flipkart sitewide offers give discounts (reduced prices, cashbacks or both) on most of the products. Where on one hand Flipkart mobile offers extend benefits of lower prices and exclusivity for smartphones to its users, Flipkart electronics sale gives access to discounted consumer durables. Everything seems to be just one touch away!
There are Flipkart promo offers and Flipkart coupon codes available on different portals as well. All a user has to do is apply these codes while making a purchase and he can enjoy discounts on already discounted prices for his chosen product.
Flipkart Big Sale and Big Discounts
The sale is often on, and with impressive discounts on most of the products, customers find it a real heaven. On this online portal, customers find everything at discounted price, with impressive Flipkart discounts of flat 50% off on a wide range of categories.
Flipkart operates in multiple categories including Mobiles, electronics, watches, footwear, Lifestyle products (bags, sunglasses et al), Household needs (furniture, linen, kitchen tools, wall decor etc.) and fashion apparel across numerous brands for men, women and kids.
Flipkart has exclusive tie ups with certain companies. These tie ups or strategic alliances have made the leading portal exclusive distributor of those companies’ products for Indian customers. For instance Motorola Mobility. Motorola Mobility was previously owned by Google and then was handled by Lenovo. But now Flipkart is its exclusive business partner for the launch of its budget Smartphone series Moto G in India. This tie up commenced in February 2014; when it was launched, over 20,000 units were sold within hours through Flipkart online shopping website. After this successful launch, Flipkart partnered with Motorola Mobility to launch more of models like Moto E, Moto X, Android Smartphone etc.
Same goes with high-end smartphone Xiaomi Mi3 produced by Xiaomi Tech. Xiaomi Tech launched its sale in India through an exclusive partnership with Flipkart in 2014 wherein the first batch was sold out within 39 minutes of the launch. Around 150, 000 users and buyers pre-registered themselves for the phone’s next batch of sale. Even now, Xiaomi phones are very much in demand. There are pre-registered buyers for them and the batches get sold off within seconds of the launch.
Flipkart mobile offers are extended to customers which further boost the sales of mobile phones online. There are various deals and discounts which offer cashbacks, free accessories (headphones, mobile covers etc.) and reward points to delight the customers.
Another feature of Gift Card has made gifting easier and instant for Flipkart users. Now anyone can gift an e-gift card which gives wide choices to suit everyone’s tastes and needs. Available in different monetary denominations, a gift card is a good option to save time and effort and yet make someone feel special!
Today, most of us prefer to do shopping online. For a buyer always on the go, Flipkart App is a perfect option. The Flipkart mobile app is available for Android, Apple and Windows users. The deals, coupons and discounts are more lucrative for app users. Flipkart also grants welcome promo codes and deals for new users or first-time buyers.
Flipkart Digiflip: Flipkart, India’s leading online shopping portal launched its own brand Digiflip covering electronics like tablets, smartphones and routers. There is a wide range of accessories available under digiflip brand; includes mouse, cables, speakers, power banks, laptop bags, headsets and headphones.
Flipkart Offers Genuine Products and Highly Secure Payment Systems.
How genuine are Flipkart products?
Flipkart matlab bilkul Pakka: A customer need not worry about quality and genuineness of a product while buying from Flipkart. The company has trusted brand partners and hence assure to deliver brand-new, original products with the bill and that too at the prices less than MRP.
How secure is the payment system? What are the payment options?
Payment details are kept secured through trusted online payment partners. Even after that, if a buyer is hesitant to pay online (through debit card, credit card or net banking), he can opt for cash-on delivery method and even pay by his card when the product reaches his doorstep.
How can I cancel, refund or replace my order?
If a customer is unhappy with the product so received for some reason; he can easily apply for refund or replacement. The ‘Bilkul Pakka’ surety intends to make shopping experience amazing on Flipkart, even when it results in replacement of a product, or returning it.
How do I track my Order?
As soon as an order goes into processing, its order number and courier details are intimated to the buyer through mail and message. This way a customer can keep a track of his order. If any issue arises, a dedicated customer support desk is available 24x7 to resolve the same.