Free Coupons and Offers – Save up to 75%
Looking for discounts? Get free FabIndia coupons and deals to save up to 75%. Click to activate the code and start saving now!!!
FabIndia - Celebrate India
Fabindia operates as an online and offline retailer of clothes, household items, bedsheets, soaps and home décor. According to the report Retail 2020: Retrospect, Reinvent, Rewrite’ by The Boston Consulting Group and Retailers Association of India, India’s retail market is expected to nearly double to US$ 1 trillion by 2020 from US$ 600 billion in 2015, driven by income growth, urbanisation and attitudinal shifts. The report adds that while the overall retail market is expected to grow at 12 per cent per annum, modern trade would expand twice as fast at 20 per cent per annum and traditional trade at 10 per cent.
Founded in 1960, as an export unit for Indian traditional craft, Fabindia is country’s largest private destination for products that are made from conventional techniques, traditional skills and hand-based processes. The company was founded by John Bissell to market craft traditions of India and it eventually started exporting home furnishings. The first retail store was opened in Greater Kailash, New Delhi, in 1975. During mid 1990s, William Bissell – John Bissell’s son - took over the company.
FabIndia kept enhancing its product offering through all these years. It is today a leading retail business presenting Indian textiles in a variety of natural fibers, and home products including furniture, lights and lamps, stationery, home accessories, pottery and cutlery. Over the years, the company’s focus has shifted from exports to the local Indian retail market which has strengthened its partnership with the farmers in rural areas.
Fabindia Key Facts
- Fabindia links over 55,000 craft based rural producers to modern urban markets, thereby creating a base for skilled, sustainable rural employment, and preserving India's traditional handicrafts in the process.
- Fabindia's products are natural, craft based, contemporary, and affordable.
- Fabindia has crossed INR 1,000-crore sales mark to become the largest retail apparel brand in the country, significantly ahead of rivals like Zara and Levi's India.
- During 2014-15, the ethnic wear firm clocked a rise of 12 percent in consolidated sales while its profit increased by 36 percent. Its domestic business grew 25 percent to touch INR 767 crore, well-ahead of largest fast-fashion brand Zara during the same period.
- Fabindia, operates via over 205 stores across 79 locations, having customer base of three million in India. The company also attributes its success to a policy of no discounting and instead build a sustainable cash flow.
- L Capital (the private equity arm of leading luxury goods conglomerate Louis Vuitton MoHennessy (LVMH)) has exited from Fabindia with over 100 percent returns and its 8 percent stake is now bought by Premji Invest for about INR 360 crore. L Capital had bought 8 percent stake in Fabindia in 2012.
Fabindia is all about celebrating India and it strives bring all that its customers love about India to them across the world.
The majority of Fabindia’s product range is textile based. Non- textile introductions to this range are
- Home Products (introduced in October 2000),
- Organic Food Products (introduced in July 2004) &
- Fabindia Sana – Fabindia’s range of authentic bodycare products (introduced in March 2006).
The textile-based product range includes ready-to-wear garments and accessories for men, women, teenagers and children; bed, bath, table and kitchen linen; floor coverings, upholstery fabric and curtains. Cotton, silk, wool, grass, linen and jute are the basic fibres used.
The Home Decor entails furniture, lighting, stationery, tableware, cane baskets and a selection of handcrafted utility items.
Fabindia Organics carries several types of cereals, grains, pulses, spices, sugar, tea, coffee, honey, fruit preserves and herbs.
Fabindia Sana, Fabindia’s range of authentic bodycare products comprises of soaps, shampoos, hair oils, pure oils, moisturisers, body scrubs, face packs, hair conditioners and special skin care products.
Company’s commitment to the traditional crafts and rural sector of India enables it to hold on to all these categories successfully.
Fabindia Online Deals
Discounts delight the customers the most. Fabindia discount coupon and offers are available on their own website as well as on other coupon vendor websites. The company keeps introducing Fabindia discount vouchers during festivals and other special occasions (like Mother’s Day, women's Day etc.). For those who sign up for an account for the first time get lucrative introductory offers in terms of free promo codes.
Fabindia is also present on social media networking sites like Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Google plus. The users can get information about deals, coupons and discounts through these websites as well. The company intends to stay connected to its customers, suppliers and investors for any feedback and complaints through these social networking sites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Fabindia Products Available Internationally?
Yes, they now offer online sales through our Fabindia website at www.fabindia.com to the Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, HK, Holland, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Nepal, Northern Ireland, Philippines, Portugal, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, USA, and Wales. The company also plans to expand this online webstore to ship to customers around the world in the near future. Outside of India, they have Fabindia stores in Dubai, UAE and Rome, Italy. In addition, the company sells Fabindia products to retail and wholesale buyers around the world through its export department based at Fabindia headquarters in New Delhi, India.
Are Gift Vouchers Available at The Stores?
Yes. Gift Vouchers are available at all their stores under different denominations. The recipient of the gift voucher can redeem it within stipulated time.
Is It Safe to Use My Credit Card Online at Fabindia.Com?
The company’s web portal does not store credit card information on its database. Your credit card information is safe with their payment solution providers - CCAvenue, PayU and PayPal. The trusted gateways ensure 100% Purchase Protection to its buyers. They are dedicated to provide a safe and secure online shopping experience while facilitating convenient payment options, easy cancellations and instant refunds.
What Payment Methods Do You Accept?
Fabindia online and offline, accepts all MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Citibank Maestro Debit Cards (an online real-time authorization is done through the Payment Gateway). If a customer has an Indian bank account, he/ she can also transfer the payment directly to them using their payment gateway's net banking facility.